Monday, April 18, 2011

SMOD



Malian Trio SMOD Features Frontman Sam, Son Of World Music
Stars Amadou & Mariam; The Group Fuses Hip Hop,
Folk And Blues Music With Traditional Malian Styles

This is a groundbreaking album produced by superstar Manu Chao. SMOD originally connected with Manu Chao through their frontman Sam, who is the son of world music stars Amadou & Mariam. Manu Chao had produced Amadou & Mariam’s breakthrough album, ‘Dimanche a Bamako,’ catapulting them into international icons.

SMOD’s Lead Single Is “Les Dirigeants Africains”; A Commentary On Rampant Corruption In African Politics

after listening to this album once I had to restart it again...I am one of Manu's biggest fans...I absolutely love Amadou & Miriam's album especially Diamanche a Bamako. I was in shock when I heard Damian Marley & Nas sampling of Sabali in their Distant Relatives project (also one of my favorite albums!!)....soo this feels like a concoction of elements all coming together...I'm really excited about this album...I think it will do really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment