Friday, May 27, 2011

R.I.P. Gil Scott-Heron

Today, Friday May 27, 2011, the world lost one of the most influential poet, writer, hip hop before there was hip hop...It was definitely horrible news to receive!! Rest In Peace to the legendary Gil Scott-Heron...I actually was about to see him perform in NY earlier this year and wasn't able to make it...sooo I'm even more upset now! But it was good to see that he recently was getting more and more recognition...I was happy to see his collabo with Nas after the new album...and Jamie xx remix album was cool too...

There's too many official tracks for me to post, but here's a couple of bangers...also check out the Documentary in 6 parts (below)





DOCUMENTARY:
Part 1


Part 2


Part 3


Part 4


Part 5


Part 6


via RBGzRapFreeStyleChan

No comments:

Post a Comment