Friday, September 2, 2011

Eric Bobo & Latin Bitman - Welcome to the Ritmo Machine



below updated on Sept. 15, 2011:
Eric Bobo has been doing real thangs since I can remember...matter of fact, I just saw him a couple of days ago on Sept. 3rd performing with Cypress Hills @ Rock the Bells 2011...He was killin' it big time on the drums/congas...sooo as soon I received the word announcing this album I had to check it out, especially seeing that it was a collabo with Latin Bitman from Chile...I figured this is definitely gonna sound official!! Luckily Nacional Records sent me the album along with the announcement and when I saw the tracklisting I almost had a heartache!! Sick Jacken with Ana Tijoux, WTF!??? for real? Sick Jacken has always been on my top list of emcees and so is Ana!! The Legend of the Mask and the Assassin has always been in my ipod and I always, I mean always, play it from beginning to end, as I do with Ana's debut album...I've always been promoting Ana's album even wayyyy before it was released, but anyways, the point is I was estatic!! After hearing I think the collabo is straight fire, but I'm not going to lie the whole time I was waiting to hear Ana destroy a verse. All it really ended up being was a chorus and a couple of other bars from her...a bit disappointing but hopefully there will be future collabos from them...the rest of the album is really on point...Maestro and Sangre are already some of my favorites, and Welcome to the Ritmo Machine (the title track) is a great way to set the album off...I love the blend of A Tribe Called Quest's Check the Rhyme with the congas, the scratches, etc...

definitely look out for this album because it promises to make a big buzz...not to mention it has some really notable features including Chali 2na (Jurassic 5), Sen Dog (Cypress Hil), Ana Tijoux, Money Mark & Mix Master Mike (Beastie Boys), P-Nut (311) and Sick Jacken (Psycho Realm)

Tracklist:
01. Welcome To The Ritmo Machine
02. Maestro
03. Witness This Heat (feat. Chali 2na)
04. La Calle (feat. Sick Jacken & Ana Tijoux)
05. This Day
06. Save My World (feat. Mix Master Mike)
07. Senny Sosa (feat. Sen-Dog)
08. Sangre
09. Follow Me (feat. Money Mark)
10. Sabe (feat. Pato Machete)
11. The Ooohs
12. Brazil

out on iTunes 11/8 and CD 11/21..

Also, check out their mini series of the Ritmo Machine (Eric Bobo + Latin Bitman) - "Making the Record" posted below


"Making the Record" Part 1 added Oct. 5, 2011


"Making the Record" Part 2 added Oct. 12, 2011


"Making the Record" Part 3 added Oct. 25, 2011


"Making the Record" Part 4 added Nov.1, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment